A Better Connecticut
Accessible | Hardworking | Fiscally Conservative
I listened to you!
- I voted against the largest tax increase in state history that has cost East Windsor and Ellington families hundreds, if not thousands of dollars, in additional taxes to the state each year, and helped draft a Republican budget alternative that had no tax increases and properly funded essential services.
- I voted against the controversial New Britain- Hartford Busway, and co-sponsored an amendment to stop funding for the wasteful project.
- I voted for a comprehensive "Jobs Bill" that created incentives for hiring new employees and increasing investment while assisting small businesses.
- I voted against the highest spending in state history despite a deficit in the hundreds of millions of dollars, and helped craft a Republican budget alternative that cut spending during these tough economic times.
- I voted for an educational reform bill that will help East Windsor turn around its under-performing elementary school and provided additional funding to both the East Windsor and Ellington school systems.
- I voted for an emergency response bill that will help hold CL&P accountable and better prepare us for future disasters.
- I voted against borrowing for operating expenses and sweeping money from the transportation fund because our children and grandchildren should not be responsible for the state's misguided fiscal policies.
- I voted against the Jackson Labs deal that will spend $1 million of state funds for each guaranteed job in a potentially volatile business. Economists suggest spending no more than $70,000 in state funding per job created.
- I voted against the repeal of the death penalty, and co-sponsored amendments to keep cop killers and killers of corrections officers on Death Row.
- I co-sponsored legislation creating and expanding the Learn Here, Live Here program to encourage young professionals to stay in Connecticut.